Rift GuiLD CARNAGE

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rift GuiLD CARNAGE

Carnage is a guild that covers any and all aspects of rift WE are here to help

2 posters

My PvP build

Juku
    Juku

My PvP build Empty My PvP build

Post  Juku Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:07 am

If you know me... i do a lot of warlock/necro play. But i thought id share my pvp build with you guys, its a lot of dots and a lot of pissin people off... id love to hear feed back
    19NEC/44WAR/3ARCH

So i went with a warlock heavy build to get a few skills that i think would be a little a little more pvp friendly. One downside is im not going up enough the tree to get the zealot so im relying on DoTs for almost all my damage. But to make the little pet your stuck with a little more usefully i put 19 points into the tree to get Soul Purge and Detonate Bones. Think Codex... defiants all up on the flag, AoEs everywhere... send the little guy in first... with only 2.5k health he goes down quick and you got yourself a little stun bomb. Also side note, if your Exhume is on cd you can use Opportunity to insta-summon a new pet as well. When im on the move and no defiants to kill ill often cast my endurance buff over and over till i get opportunity to get a new pet so i dont have to stop running.

Now i went 44 into the warlock skill, giving my +81% to death DoT damage with Neddra's Influence.
    An arsenal of AoEs (dont for get about the dark touch/neddra's grasp/radiate death combo)
    You have a lot of ways to annoy people too besides your stun bomb pet... Instacast Mass Fear, instacast stun, instacast silence, 70% slow, 1.5sec cast time single target fear and your two oh shit buttons, instacast -80% incoming damage for 7 seconds and +50%max health/heal yourself for that much.
    the main thing i want to stress about this build and i think a lot of players overlook... you have dumped all your DoTs and built up a bit of charge and your first instinct is to soul purge; if you are not taking damage and you are in good health rather then going to soul purge use that opening to dump even more dps.... while soul purge is nice, doing quite a bit of damage, the one draw back is its channeled... so instead imo its better to use the charge on Defile, life leach if you have not already and just dump void bolts or spread the love and start DoTin up other nearby victims

Double edge blade... while having almost everything instacast gives you the freedom to keep moving on the battlefield this also makes it impossible to macro stack on your cool downs. So your having to use almost all the hot keys to play effectively... i suggest key binding some of your action bar buttons to unused buttons on your mouse (page fwd/back buttons, scroll wheel button) for some of your quick reaction skills... break, mass grave when you gotta get that rogue outa stealth before you lose track of him, dark fury...

or my other variation 16NEC/44WAR/6DOM
    this one is also a lot of fun.... you give up the pet bomb for Priests Lament giving you the ability to shut down healers, transmogrify and a instacast knockback

juku
    Emojesus
    Emojesus

My PvP build Empty Re: My PvP build

Post  Emojesus Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:52 pm

Great post. Also, that is the single most epic picture I have seen in my life! What is it?

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:20 am