Rift GuiLD CARNAGE

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rift GuiLD CARNAGE

Carnage is a guild that covers any and all aspects of rift WE are here to help

Back into the lab...

Juku
    Juku

Back into the lab... Empty Back into the lab...

Post  Juku Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:08 pm

There has been lots of chloro play in the WFs lately... and who can blame them... its such a powerful soul for PvP.
    No doubt you have heard the /y's that mages are now OP... we have seen a lot of chlorolocks and chlorodoms
    well i bring to you another variant... chloro/pyro... Deathcaller and I have played around with it quite a bit... and i gotta say... it works... and its fun as hell. So lets get to it

Back into the lab... Asd

So i use 3 main Macros depending on the situation the first is the one i use the most

#show Fireball
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Inferno
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Ruin
    cast Nature's Fury
    cast Countdown
    cast Fireball
    cast Break Free

If you feel like your going to be taking a bit more damage or you wanna have a little bit more group heals ill use this

#show Vile Spores
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Inferno
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Ruin
    cast Nature's Fury
    cast Corrosion
    cast Vile Spores
    cast Break Free

And my heat wave macro

#show Heat Wave
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Heat Wave
    cast Inferno
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Fireball
    cast Break Free
    Self heal macro so you dont have to click off target

#show Bloom
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    cast @self Bloom
    cast @self Flourish

i also have one for Essence Surge cuz i like haveing the stopcast in with my heals

#show Essence Surge
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    cast @self Essence Surge

I only use Cinder Burst when it procs (Pyromancer Armor ftw)
    now this build is hard on your mana pool... use your Living shell when needed for mana regen tho be careful cuz if you take damage when this is on that damage will hit your mana pool instead. Also dont forget your grounding spell... that will help your mana regen a lot! I use this macro for picking up and throwin back down my grounding spell

#show Burning Shield
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Burning Shield
    cast Ground of Power

Now you don't want to play this too aggressive... this isnt a 1v1 build... its ment to be played with a group even tho you have some survivability. don't be afraid to flicker back and reposition yourself.

Last macro is for your AoE

#show Backdraft
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Backdraft
    cast Fire Storm

the backdraft can also help in those 'oh shit' moments, stunning everyone around you, flicker and run...

this build is awesome once you get used to it... i geared played will start racking up those killing blows in no time.

as always im open to advice, suggestions and alternatives
    Juku
    Juku

Back into the lab... Empty Re: Back into the lab...

Post  Juku Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:17 pm

Source:Bluedot

Pyromancer AoE has gotten some attention recently. Spamming Fire Storm is actually pretty decent AoE. Unlike Stormcaller it can sustain AoE DPS on 8 targets rather then just 4. This caused it to be the favorite for fights like Matron Zimera where you’ll need to quickly kill more then 4 targets.
    The stop casting trick is a clerver use of game mechanics that allows you to double tick Fire Storm every other tick. To do it setup this macro:
    #show Fire Storm
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    cast Fire Storm
    Now cast Fire Storm. Immediately after the second tick of damage cast it again. It takes some practice to perfect the timing but when you do you’ll notice a sizable DPS boost. You’ll want to bind the Fire Storm macro to a keyboard button so that you can float your mouse over the area that you’ll be casting it.
    The downside is that you’ll drain your mana faster then a night in Vegas drains your bank account. Bribe your local Archon into giving you their Mental Flare and pack some Heroic Mana Tonics. Trust me, the deeps is worth it.
    I also expect this to be “balanced” soon. I assume they’ll make you wait a second after casting Fire Storm to get your first tick of damage.. so take advantage of this while you can.
    Cheers.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:56 am